We finally managed to get our hands on the new Galaxy S24+ and have brought it straight in for review.
Samsung packages just a USB-C cable with its Galaxy phones but some retailers will offer Samsung’s new, rather tiny 25W adapter. Not everyone offers this deal, but Samsung does give you a free upgrade from 256GB to 512GB during the pre-order period, as well as trade-in bonuses and discounts on Samsung services.
The Galaxy S24+ feels like a completely new device – something we couldn’t have imagined saying a few weeks ago. For one, it’s fully matte on all sides. In addition to losing its gloss, the frame is now flatter, though it isn’t razor-sharp, it’s nicely contoured and very comfortable to the touch.
We got the Cobalt Violet and have to say it looks a more saturated purple in pictures than in real life. It’s a very subdued color – let’s call it refined.
The feel of the phone alone makes up perhaps 60% of the ‘new device feel’, it’s what’s inside that makes up the other 40%. The display is a higher resolution at 1440x3120px, and it’s finally an LTPO panel.
The other upgrade is the battery – now 200mAh bigger at 4,900mAh – nearly as big as the Galaxy S24 Ultra’s.
The Galaxy S24 shares the look of the Galaxy S24+ but has a lower-res display. It’s still an LTPO panel. That’s all we have right now, but we’ll bring you more Galaxy S24 content next week!
news, #Samsung #Galaxy #S24 #review