blizzards diablo 4 has just released a small patch mainly focused on fixing bugs and gameplay issues in the Action RPG. Announced a few hours after the second diablo 4 Developer Livestream, the minor update is now available to download and apply by players on multiple platforms where the game is available.
The news dropped that recently diablo 4Season 1 takes place on July 20th. The second developer livestream covered what players can expect during the duration of the event, specifically the type of rewards they receive for creating a new seasonal character or using the game’s Battle Pass. Both the fans and the development team still have a lot to do before the start of the season. One of them is to keep the game playable and up to date, even if the changes are just as minor as those in the latest version diablo 4 patch.
Blizzard announced this on Twitter diablo 4Patch 1.0.4 of is now available on all platforms. Referring to the patch notes list on the website, most of the fixes focus on gameplay bugs, bugs players encounter in quests and dungeons, and UI issues. One of the major updates in this patch is that Helltide chests now contain unique items. This answers the question as to why players who farmed Helltide events couldn’t drop unique items no matter how many Aberrant Cinders they used to open the chests they found in each session.
Blizzard has also decided to increase the maximum player crafting bag cap in this particular patch. Originally the bag could only hold up to 9,999 of each material, but the update increased the capacity to 99,999. Gamers who encountered the frustrating issue with the diablo 4 Blacksmith due to the crafting materials bag cap, the issue will likely be fixed once patch 1.0.4 is applied. It also means that fans can continue to grind and gather materials without fear of reaching the maximum amount anytime soon.
When you consider how much preparation you have to do beforehand diablo 4With the Season of the Malignant finally beginning, it’s not surprising that the game’s development team is slowly fixing minor issues with small updates like this one. Hopefully Patch 1.0.4 will improve this even further diablo 4 experience and that the fans appreciate all the effort the team has put into the game so far.
Diablo 4 Patch Notes: 1.0.4 Build #42942 (PC) and #42880 (Console)
- Fixed an issue where the damage multiplier for Improved Frozen Orb was not being applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where enemies with the Vortex affix were dealing damage through immunity.
- Fixed an issue where Elixir of Expertise reduced resource costs by 10% instead of the 20% it was showing.
- Fixed an issue where the Paragon Subjugation Glyph’s damage bonus was being applied to every target, not just vulnerable targets.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian’s Whirlwind ability channeling would be momentarily interrupted if a cooldown was cast while it was being used.
- Fixed an issue where the Barbarian Aspect’s Earth Smash aspect guaranteed Overpower buff would be consumed if another buff was acquired.
- Fixed an issue where the player character would freeze when using the Rogue’s Shadow Step skill out of range of the intended target.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not turn when casting a channeled skill when using a one-handed weapon with no off-hand item equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the cursed scrolls in Fields of Hate had a lower cooldown than the displayed 5 minute cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where Codex of Power imprinted aspects dealing flat damage were scaling with player level instead of item power.
- Fixed an issue where the Necromancer’s shadow mages were not dealing additional shadow damage from the Shadowblight Key passive ability.
- Fixed an issue where cheat death effects would not trigger when dying on a mount.
Quests and Dungeons
- Fixed an issue where traversal was not displayed during The Blind Eye quest, causing progress to be blocked.
- Fixed an issue where the Mother’s Judgment enemy would appear before the player entered the encounter during the Whispers from the Past quest.
- Fixed several issues where quest progress would be blocked when the player used a town portal in certain sequences.
- Fixed various other issues preventing progress on multiple quests.
- Fixed an issue where the Forgotten Depths dungeon required one less prisoner to be released than intended.
- Fixed an issue where when teleporting to Wejinhani during the Wasteland Witch quest, the player was forced to drop the vial of quicksilver even though the town was an allowed area for the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the dungeons “Cultist’s Refuge”, “Howling Den” and “Luban’s Rest” could not be completed if the Slayer appeared and was not killed.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins killed in a Nightmare dungeon with the Death Pulse affix were dealing significantly more damage than intended from the explosion upon death.
- Fixed an issue where the Mirage quest could not be completed properly.
- Fixed an issue where the QR code used for account linking on console was the wrong size, making it difficult to scan.
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Aspect imprint costs were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where console players were unable to navigate the shop after using the Buy More Platinum button.
- Fixed an issue where the Upgrade Glyph tab would not close after moving away from the Awakened Glyph Stone.
- Fixed an issue where a skill unlocked through item contributions did not have an “Assign Skill” button in the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where swapping a partial stack while playing with a controller would show a full stack in the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the weekly reward cache for defeating a world boss would appear as available if a Whisperer was active for defeating the boss, even if the cache was previously claimed.
- Fixed an issue where the NPC Arlo could not be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where the Fields of Hatred Killer cosmetic set was missing helms for druids, necromancers, and rogues.
- Fixed an issue where the cost of the Stable Vendor cosmetic “Sturdy Saddle” scaled with player character level.
- Fixed an issue where players could lure the Seething Abomination boss in Alzuuda’s Fields of Hatred zone to a location where they could damage him, but he couldn’t damage them.
- Fixed an issue where mount cosmetics would not display correctly when applied while actively mounted.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would pan from the death point back to the respawn point for players in local co-op instead of moving immediately.
- Fixed an issue where the player and NPC would disappear during a dialogue sequence when the player was actively under the effect of a conduit shrine. (Demonic tricks strike again!)
- Various localization fixes.
- Various other user interface and accessibility improvements.
- More stability, performance and visual improvements across all platforms.
- Fixed an issue where caster off-hand item transmogs would reset after performing an inventory action.
- Unique items can now be found in Helltide Chests.
- Bosses Vhenard, Brol, and Cyhrach have had their health and damage reduced.
- Increased the crafting material cap from 9999 to 99999.
diablo 4 is now available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Diablo 4’s scariest boss prompted an inevitable controversy